These are the study questions that Jonathan Edwards asked his students as the beginning point of their studies in philosophy and theology:
1. How does it appear that something has existed from eternity?
2. How does it appear that this earth and the visible system are not from eternity?
3. How does it appear that the existence of man is derived and dependent?
4. How do you prove the natural perfections of God, viz. his intelligence, infinite power, foreknowledge, and immutability?
5. How do you prove his moral perfections, that he is a friend of virtue, or absolutely holy, true, just, and good?
6. How do yon prove that the Scriptures are a revelation from God? And what are the evidences, internal and external?
7. How do you prove the divine mission of Christ?
8. How do you prove the divinity of Christ?
9. How do you prove the personality and divinity of the Holy Ghost?
10. How do you prove that the persons in the Trinity are one God?
11. Whence arose the Manichean notion of two Gods, and how is it confuted?
12. Whence arose the polytheism of the pagans, and how confuted?
13. Whence was it that the knowledge of the one true God, in which Noah was instructed, was not preserved among his posterity in all ages?